Life's adventures

The daily adventures-whether you think so or not-of life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas

I am a child of God, a wife, a mother of three, a preschool teacher, an encourager and a persuader. My husband and I are church planters in the Northwest Houston Area.

Friday, September 23, 2005

Waiting for Rita & Redecorating


Here are pictures of my latest remodeling.
What do you think?

This is my 10 year old son's touch


So while we wait and fill every imaginable container we can with water, the kids played outside. Since we boarded up our house is crazy dark! I told the kids they had to go outside and play until dark or it storms, whichever comes first. My brother, Dave, his wife, Jenn, and their son, Clay, arrived yesterday after 8 hours on the road. We only live 45 mins. from them. We are glad they are here. They live in an apartment on the Southeast side of Houston and we live on the Northwest side. Needless to say they were happy to be off the road!

Most every road in town is empty now- the calm before the storm! I know a bad joke!

http://www.khou.com/

This is news station we watch for the most realistic news. My husband really likes Dr. Neil Frank's approach to reporting the weather.

Well, I'm going to go clean the kitchen and then go outside myself. We are doing well, but I am too distracted to write well now.

God Bless!

5 Comments:

Blogger jimmy said...

Just wanted to let you know that we're still praying for you guys.

godspeed... jimmy

9/23/2005 9:10 PM  
Blogger natala said...

we're praying....
i like what your 10 year old added :)
much peace to you, and all around you -
natala

9/24/2005 11:09 AM  
Blogger Just a girl.... said...

I'm praying for you and thinking of you. Hope Rita passed you by and you all are safe. Let us know when you can, ok?
Much love,
Crissi

9/25/2005 12:48 AM  
Blogger LOIS LANE said...

Hey i already know you are ok so what i want to know is how christian made such a perfect circle for his protest on rita!!!Hehehehe! I love you all! Will see you soon!

9/25/2005 6:17 PM  
Blogger jimmy said...

I'm glad to see that there wasn't as much damage as was prodicted for Rita. I hope you guys are all well.

9/25/2005 6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home