Life's adventures

The daily adventures-whether you think so or not-of life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas

I am a child of God, a wife, a mother of three, a preschool teacher, an encourager and a persuader. My husband and I are church planters in the Northwest Houston Area.

Saturday, March 26, 2005

What a concert!

We had an AMAZING night! One of the things that is really important with the church that we have started is to be a part of our community, to live and move, and be a part of where we live and be where people are. The problem with that is we don't live in an area that has a great place for people to hang out. To help remedy this, we are hosting a series of free concerts at a local shopping center. We will do them every other week with different kinds of musical artists to provide a way for our community to come together just to be.
Tonight was our first one and we had about 250 people...Not too shabby! The band was great, the sound was mixed well, Starbuck's made a killing and people had a great time. Next time, we are having a Jazz group play-I, personally, am very much looking forward to that!
I think the thing that is so very cool to me about what went on tonight is that all kinds of people came together and connected, and that our baby church got a chance to do something for our community without expecting anything in return. I LOVE IT!!!!!! Sunday, we have a community-wide Easter egg hunt before our service. It will be interesting to see how things go! I love to think that we have the opportunity to reach out and do things, big or small, for our community that say, "Hey, we love you and you know what?God does,too!"
Easter to me is about so much more than bunnies and chicks and I am excited about the opportunity to proclaim God's love in a way that looks a little different to the World. It is my prayer that we will constantly seek ways to clearly communicate God's love to those we are in contact with!

Happy Easter!!!!!
He is Risen !!!!
May we never be the same!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home