Life's adventures

The daily adventures-whether you think so or not-of life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas

I am a child of God, a wife, a mother of three, a preschool teacher, an encourager and a persuader. My husband and I are church planters in the Northwest Houston Area.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Contradictions

What a paradoxical life we lead. Here are some contradictions that jumble my brain.
Becoming an adult:
You can drive somewhere between 15-17 years of age
(if you live in rural Texas you have probably been driving since you could reach the gas pedal)
You can see a rated “R” movie at 17
You can have an abortion at 16 and your parents not know
You can’t drink, legally, until you’re 21
When you’re 16 if you run away from home the police won’t force you to come
home, yet your parents will be held responsible if you are truant from school
You can serve in the military and die for your country at 18
In some states you can get married as young as 16 without parental consent
You can get birth control without parental knowledge as young as 12
You can’t buy cigarettes unless you are 18

No wonder teenagers are so confused! I know I couldn’t figure it out.

About life:
Abortion at any stage of in-utero life is permitted in the US
If some one kills a pregnant woman they can be charged for a double homicide
Lawyers have been appointed for the unborn in court to protect their rights
A woman in Colorado was charged and sentenced because she failed to swerve to
avoid a squirrel and killed it
A farmer mowing his field was arrested for killing a rat when he unknowingly
mowed over it, apparently it was an endangered species of rat (are you
kidding me?!)

Now for me…it seems that I share a common affliction with Paul, “For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.” There are too many conflicts to list just suffice to say that I do not wish to be “double-minded” James 1:8. So I am working on my inner (wo)man to be strengthened in Him. Pray for me as today has been a struggle of “taking every thought captive”. Yuk, what a day! I am not a fan of contradiction.

1 Comments:

Blogger Melodee said...

Hey, just wanted to pop by and thank you for the comments on my blog. :) I appreciate it. (And now I'll be checking out your blog, too.)

3/25/2005 12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home