Life's adventures

The daily adventures-whether you think so or not-of life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas

I am a child of God, a wife, a mother of three, a preschool teacher, an encourager and a persuader. My husband and I are church planters in the Northwest Houston Area.

Friday, December 10, 2004

It's War!

Can I just tell you that I hate Satan?! I hate the way his manipulative little mind works…the way he damages relationship and tears at friendships! It makes me crazy that he whispers in our ears and distorts things before we can “take captive every thought and make it obedient to Christ”! And just when you think you’ve seen it all, he slips in and stirs things up in way you didn’t think was possible.
Now don’t get me wrong. I know who the Winner is. It’s just that it is so stinkin’ frustrating that he tries to taint everything! The thing is I see what he’s doing but others have to see it for themselves. It’s not like you can go, “By the way. Satan is really using you right now to tear up our friendship.” Because I tend to be a straight shooter I really resent the way he manipulates people. GRRRRRRR!!!! I am sooooo frustrated.
I guess the thing to remind myself is that he comes only to steal, kill, and destroy, and so I have to remember to look at the bigger picture.

Who is the ultimate winner & which side am I on?
What is he trying to steal, kill, or destroy?
Where does my focus need to be?
What do I need to do to be ready for the attacks of my enemy?

Of course, knowing these things is important it’s just that sometimes I need to rant a little bit! I think I’ll go read Ephesians 6:10-20 now and do a little work on my armor.

JESUS ROCKS!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Hey friend. I am glad that we talked. I left your house on Monday feeling a little beat up to be honest. But i know a little of your heart. And mostly i know that you don't say things to hurt me. You say what you say because at the time that is what you feel I need to hear. I want you to know that i love you very much and that i know this is a stressful time for you. What i also want you to know is that even though i am planning for the future i am also very much living for today...i am here...completely involved in daily life and ministry. Anyway i love you and am looking forward to our friendship becoming more...well rounded.:-)

12/10/2004 5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home