Life's adventures

The daily adventures-whether you think so or not-of life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas

I am a child of God, a wife, a mother of three, a preschool teacher, an encourager and a persuader. My husband and I are church planters in the Northwest Houston Area.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Hurricane Rita

Dear Friends-
We are hunkering down, boarding up and staying put. We were going to leave but the roads and gas are so bad that we are staying. What can you do? PRAY!
Pray for:
· The kids-that we will have words of comfort, that they won’t freak out, that they will know that we have no plans to put them in danger
· Me- my anxiety issues tend to rear their ugly head in this kind of unknown situation
· Danny- as the head of the house I know he bears all the burdens for our safety and well- being.
· For those on the road- that they not be stuck there when the storm comes in.

Mom & Dad were going to leave but now they are going to hole up at his church. My brother’s family, Dave, Jenn, & Clay(15 mos.) left this morning for New Braunfels to stay with her grandparents -pray that they arrive safely.


As long as we have email we will check it. We’ll let you know how things go!

For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you!!! Holding fast to the promise!
Lizanne

5 Comments:

Blogger Melodee said...

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. We have family in Houston.

Best wishes to you.

9/22/2005 12:40 PM  
Blogger jimmy said...

Take care Lizanne. Our prayers are with you and your family!

grace and peace, jimmy

9/22/2005 1:48 PM  
Blogger natala said...

we are praying... please let us know how you are, when you can...

much peace - natala

9/22/2005 1:50 PM  
Blogger Just a girl.... said...

I'm praying for you! Stay strong! God is with you!
-Crissi

9/23/2005 12:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prayers heading your way! God is bigger than this! May God comfort and protect you!

9/23/2005 1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home