Life's adventures

The daily adventures-whether you think so or not-of life

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas

I am a child of God, a wife, a mother of three, a preschool teacher, an encourager and a persuader. My husband and I are church planters in the Northwest Houston Area.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Silence and All at 6am

Well, I decided that if I woke up before I needed to I would not go back to sleep I would get up and spend time with God. Today was the first time since I made that resolution and it was awesome. I woke up at 6am and was uneasy- I didn't feel bad I just was not rested, so I got up and went into the living room and spent time with him.

The scripture was Ephesians 3:20, which is kinda odd because its in the middle of a thought.

"Now to him who is able to do immeasureably more than we ALL we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,..."

Obviously it is the "All" that caught my attention. If I ask God to do what I know I can do, where's the glory? How does that bring glory to him? When I trust him to do the "all" that's when his glory shines and I become a testimony, an arrow pointing toward Heaven. The "All" has new implications for me. How have I read this and missed that?I need to dream big.

Daddy God,
I want my life to bring glory to you, in the "All" is where that rests. Help me to ask "All" and turn it over to you.
Amen

1 Comments:

Blogger praynlady said...

Liz, you need to update! I have read this one several times, not thinking to look at the date! Ok, so I am a little slow!!!! Well, maybe alot slow! At least by posting a comment, I will know that I already read it this time! haha Hope all of you are doing well and that you are having some "still" time with God. I am not "right" when I miss mine and it seems to happen alot lately. So much going on and no sleep, lots of pain and just toooooo short the days have gotten! haha
Blessings and hugs,
Colleen

7/11/2006 11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home